If your business uses pay-per-click (PPC) advertising (particularly Google Ads) it is a good idea to keep an eye on your website’s Quality Scores. Determined by Google to rate the relevance and quality of your website’s PPC advertising and keywords, a Quality Score can affect how much every click will cost you and how well your ads perform.
How are Quality Scores measured?
Quality Scores are based on a number of factors including:
- The quality of a landing page.
- How relevant keywords are to their ad groups.
- Ad text relevance.
- How well your Google Ads have performed in the past.
- Your website’s click-through rate (CTR).
Whilst it is not quite clear exactly how far each factor affects your Quality Score, it is has been established that CTRs are the most important. This is because click-throughs demonstrate that your ads are helpful and relevant to prospective customers.
What rewards do high Quality Scores bring?
A high Quality Score represents good news as it will bring benefits such as lower ad costs and higher ad rankings.
A website’s Quality Score will have a direct impact on the success of your Google Ads and Bing Ads because you will be charged less per click and per conversion. This will make your digital marketing strategy more cost-effective and could help to grow your business in the long run. Remember that your website’s Quality Score reflects how well your advertising strategy works for your customers. It is something every company should aim for!
How can Quality Scores be increased?
You can increase your Quality Score a number of ways including:
- Doing thorough keyword research that helps make your content relevant for your customers.
- Organising keywords into groups that can be linked to individual campaigns.
- Refining your ad content to target individual groups.
- Optimising your landing pages to boost user experience.
Need help with improving your Quality Score?
Now that you know more about the importance of Quality Scores, you may be wondering how you can boost your company’s score. A digital marketing agency may be able to help. For the best digital marketing Canberra based company, get in touch with us today.